Author Topic: Boooooooone, 9/1/09  (Read 10642 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Boooooooone, 9/1/09
« on: September 01, 2009, 06:15:31 pm »
Not in the starting lineup, but Coop said he'll "look at it and try to figure out a way to get him in there."

The game is being televised on WGN in case you're FSH/MLB.tv deprived...

Good Guys

Bourn cf,
Tejada ss,
Berkman 1b,
Lee lf,
Blum 3b,
Pence rf,
Matsui 2b,
Coste c,
Moehler p

FTC

Theriot ss,
Bradley rf,
Lee 1b,
Ramirez 3b,
Fukudome cf,
Fox lf,
Baker 2b,
Hill c,
Wells p
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:32:42 pm by OregonStrosFan »
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Boooooooone, 9/1/09
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 06:57:49 pm »
Crazy idea here... HOW ABOUT PUTTING HIM IN THE LINEUP, DIPSHIT?!?
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 06:58:07 pm »
Bob Boone will save us.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 07:05:57 pm »
But only Aaron Boone might play for us tonight.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:08:13 pm »
SBB bunts his way on!
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 07:10:03 pm »
And SBB steals 2B on first pitch. That's a big ole fuck you to the Cubs.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 07:11:47 pm »
Tejada out 4-3 SBB to 3B

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 07:11:57 pm »
SBB

Is this really going into the widespread lexicon? I sure as fuck hope not.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 07:13:16 pm »
An Open Letter to BudGirl

Budgirl (if that is your real name),

I have a favor to ask of you.  Ok, it's not so much a favor as I'm willing to compensate you to do (or in this case, stop doing) something.

I understand that you have a vagina, and in having this vagina, you feel a right to address the professional ballplayers for the Houston Astros as being gender/sex specific; as referenced in your desire to Brad Ausmus' slave and whatnot.

That's all fine and good.  Fantasy is fine and that's what the interwebs are for.

That being said, I will build many Church's Chicken Shack Flavoured Products in your honor if you stop calling Michael Bourn "Sweet Baby Bourn."

I'm not sure what you mean by it, whether it be sexual, some sort of Oedipal thing, or something else entirely.   But I've taken a poll, and it, to a man, makes the rest of us gag mightily each time you say it.   

We are witnessing a professional American sporting event.  This involves large roided up men doing manly things like hitting and throwing and diving and getting dirty and patting each other in the ass in a way that is not at all sexual.  Except for the giant orgies that happen in the shower at the end of every professional sporting event.   But I digress.

Name your price.  I will pay it.  Not because I give a fuck about this year's Astros team or because I'm trying to dictate what you call "fun" on the interwebs (truth is, I have no issue with you as a poster at all and am quite glad you're here).   But the Sweet Baby Bourn thing touches me in my no place.

Thank you.

And Mr. Happy -- stop making it worse.

Sincerely,
Me.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 07:13:45 pm »
Is this really going into the widespread lexicon? I sure as fuck hope not.

I've just (hopefully) taken care of that.

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 07:16:01 pm »
As one of the other perpetuators (sp?) of this nickname, I took a liking to it because it sounded like an old-school nickname, like a football player or boxer from the 60's or 70's.  There's something of that same sort of Howard Cosell-narrated "holy shit did he just do that?" in Bourn's game, and that's why I think it fits.

And he looks good in those tight pants.
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 07:16:33 pm »
I've just (hopefully) taken care of that.

I'm cured. Lance K's leaving Bourn at 3B for Lee, who flies out.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 07:17:42 pm »
And he looks good in those tight pants.

An Open Letter to GreatBagwellsBeard

GreatBagwellsBeard (if that is your real name),

I have a favor to ask of you.  Ok, it's not so much a favor as I'm willing to compensate you to do (or in this case, stop doing) something.

I understand that you have a penis, and in having this penis, you feel a right to address the professional ballplayers for the Houston Astros as being gender/sex specific; as referenced in your desire to Brad Ausmus' slave and whatnot.

That's all fine and good.  Fantasy is fine and that's what the interwebs are for.

That being said, I will build many Church's Chicken Shack Flavoured Products in your honor if you stop calling Michael Bourn "Sweet Baby Bourn."

I'm not sure what you mean by it, whether it be sexual, some sort of Oedipal thing, or something else entirely.   But I've taken a poll, and it, to a man, makes the rest of us gag mightily each time you say it.   

We are witnessing a professional American sporting event.  This involves large roided up men doing manly things like hitting and throwing and diving and getting dirty and patting each other in the ass in a way that is not at all sexual.  Except for the giant orgies that happen in the shower at the end of every professional sporting event.   But I digress.

Name your price.  I will pay it.  Not because I give a fuck about this year's Astros team or because I'm trying to dictate what you call "fun" on the interwebs (truth is, I have no issue with you as a poster at all and am quite glad you're here).   But the Sweet Baby Bourn thing touches me in my no place.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Me.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 07:18:14 pm »
I'm cured. Lance K's leaving Bourn at 3B for Lee, who flies out.

Our many great thanks.  Let us celebrate with beer and fried jerky products and the making of our own pussy.  With gravy.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 07:22:01 pm »
BRIAN MOEHLER IS THROWING A PERFECT GAME!

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 07:22:32 pm »
Let us celebrate with beer and fried jerky products and the making of our own pussy.  With gravy.

Not me, I've got a bottle of Strawberry Hill on ice (waiting for Boone's first AB of course) and Tanya Harding on speed dial.  I'm set.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 07:23:42 pm »
Not me, I've got a bottle of Strawberry Hill on ice (waiting for Boone's first AB of course) and Tanya Harding on speed dial.  I'm set.

That is just about the trashiest night I can think of.

I'll be there in 10.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 07:26:14 pm »
That is just about the trashiest night I can think of.

I'll be there in 10.

I could have gone one better, but Lewinsky hasn't been back in Portland since she made it big...

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 07:27:19 pm »
Fucking Pence and this rolling over shit. It'd gotta stop.

Philip

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 07:27:28 pm »
Anybody else think when they play that umpire school promo after EVERY half inning on mlb.tv that when the guy yells, "HEY UMP!", that in that pregnant pause there is supposed to follow a "YOU SUCK COCK!"

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 07:28:34 pm »
I could have gone one better, but Lewinsky hasn't been back in Portland since she made it big...

Actually, I'd get blasted and spend a night with Harding just because I have a feeling she knows how to drain a cock like a true champ.  I'd need some serious medication afterwards (some would argue beforewards as well).   But Lewinsky was never and will never be attractive or sexy in any way.

I liked Clinton and I gotta say...dude.  Really?

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 07:29:00 pm »
Fucking Pence and this rolling over shit. It'd gotta stop.

Wishful thinking, man.   Wishful thinking.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 07:31:04 pm »
An Open Letter to BudGirl

Budgirl (if that is your real name),

I understand that you have a vagina, and in having this vagina, you feel a right to address the professional ballplayers for the Houston Astros as being gender/sex specific; as referenced in your desire to Brad Ausmus' slave and whatnot.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Me.

You all may call him what you want.  He's my favorite player right now and I think he is the fucking bomb and will call him what I want until he asks me to stop.  There is nothing sexual about the name.

Hope that clears up any confusion you may have.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 07:31:38 pm »
 But Lewinsky was never and will never be attractive or sexy in any way.

It seemed that the more famous he got, the worse the women looked. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 07:32:41 pm »
You all may call him what you want.  He's my favorite player right now and I think he is the fucking bomb and will call him what I want until he asks me to stop.  There is nothing sexual about the name.

Hope that clears up any confusion you may have.

Cool, then I'll change my tone.

Stop.

It's making the rest of us nauseated.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 07:34:09 pm »
Moehler still perfect after two.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 07:34:56 pm »

BRIAN MOEHLER IS PERFECT AFTER TWO.

Man. 

Who'd have thought?

Philip

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 07:36:24 pm »
Any word on whether Boone is on coumadin as a blood thinner after his heart surgery? A HBP or torn hammy could lead to a bitch of a hematoma if that is the case.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 07:36:38 pm »
Cool, then I'll change my tone.

Stop.

It's making the rest of us nauseated.

You do realize your tone and anyone else's does not matter to me, right?

At least I don't lust after Hunter.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 07:37:34 pm »
At least I don't lust after Hunter.

I will totally give you that.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 07:37:47 pm »
Any word on whether Boone is on coumadin as a blood thinner after his heart surgery? A HBP or torn hammy could lead to a bitch of a hematoma if that is the case.

Just because someone has heart surgery does not mean they end up on a blood thinner.  My dad has two bypass surgery and was never on a blood thinner.  He did take aspirin for a while though.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 07:39:38 pm »
Let's see if the FTC do the right thing and give Boone a standing O if he gets into tonight's game. I'm thinking that they won't, being the shits that they are.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 07:40:27 pm »
Let's see if the FTC do the right thing and give Boone a standing O if he gets into tonight's game. I'm thinking that they won't, being the shits that they are.

they probably don't even know he had surgery.

SBB is awesome.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 07:42:42 pm »
I'm wondering why Matsui isn't batting second?  I know his ba sucks, but i don't think he'd hit into as many dps and tejada does.

Philip

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 07:43:31 pm »
Just because someone has heart surgery does not mean they end up on a blood thinner.  My dad has two bypass surgery and was never on a blood thinner.  He did take aspirin for a while though.

It was my understanding he had heart valve surgery...that usually requires coumadin post-op.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 07:45:02 pm »
It was my understanding he had heart valve surgery...that usually requires coumadin post-op.

for how long though?

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 07:45:15 pm »
I'm wondering why Matsui isn't batting second?  I know his ba sucks, but i don't think he'd hit into as many dps and tejada does.

Too logical.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 07:45:26 pm »
perfect game and no-hitter over.  hope some people are happy

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 07:45:53 pm »

Oh goooooooooooood job, Mr. Happy.

Goooooood job.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 07:46:46 pm »
Oh goooooooooooood job, Mr. Happy.

Goooooood job.

You started it.

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 07:47:05 pm »

That depends on what your definition of "it" is.
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 07:47:51 pm »

So fucking nominated.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 07:48:00 pm »

because of your post, i read his differently and chuckled.  thanks.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 07:48:11 pm »

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 07:50:11 pm »
And in People news this evening, LeAnn Rimes announces her divorce on her web site.

rifraft

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 07:51:10 pm »

only with a mechanical valve do you need life long anti-coagulation, with a porcine valve you don't need anti-coagulation at all.
after bypass you don't need anti-coagulation either.

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 07:54:46 pm »
And in People news this evening, LeAnn Rimes announces her divorce on her web site.

Hang on, let me build a time machine and go tell 17 year old me the news.  He'll be thrilled.
Drinking for two.

Philip

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 07:55:27 pm »
for how long though?

Boone was born with a bicuspid aortic valve. If he had an artificial valve replacement, he would need to be on coumadin for life. If he had a porcine valve (from a donor pig), then I think it is only for 12 weeks post op.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 07:55:34 pm »
only with a mechanical valve do you need life long anti-coagulation, with a porcine valve you don't need anti-coagulation at all.
after bypass you don't need anti-coagulation either.

No one asked you.  We're trying to have a completely technical discussion about medicine between people with no knowledge of health professions whatsoever.

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 07:56:45 pm »
No one asked you.  We're trying to have a completely technical discussion about medicine between people with no knowledge of health professions whatsoever.

my bad.....   

I'll leave you to it Alkie.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2009, 07:57:41 pm »

Uh, I'm not.  I just don't think it is a good idea to assume people are on a particular type of medicine without them saying.

When my dad had his stroke, everyone in the hosptial seemed to think he was on a blood thinner because of his bypass surgeries.  He wasn't.  So, I never make the assumption that someone is on a particular medication.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2009, 07:57:45 pm »
my bad.....   

I'll leave you to it Alkie.

Right!  So then!   I think he'll have to be on these drugs until he grows a third nipple and sees the purple dragon.

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2009, 07:59:39 pm »
he grows a third nipple and sees the purple dragon.

wait, that's not normal....   oh shit!

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2009, 07:59:56 pm »
Dipshit Matsui strikes out. He sucks.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2009, 08:00:05 pm »
wait, that's not normal....   oh shit!

Dammit, man, I told you to shut the fuck up.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2009, 08:00:16 pm »
Dipshit Matsui strikes out. He sucks.

guess that is why he isn't batting second.

Taras Bulba

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Wing Attack Plan R
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2009, 08:00:46 pm »
Bill Brown says Alkie has a sweet, sweet ass.
Purity of Essence

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2009, 08:01:42 pm »
guess that is why he isn't batting second.

I wish he was hitting tenth playing left out.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2009, 08:02:16 pm »
I wish he was hitting tenth playing left out.

he's a veteran so he has to play.

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2009, 08:02:54 pm »
Dammit, man, I told you to shut the fuck up.

only when the stros get 2 men on, and 1 of them scores.  lets see, 4 innings played, 6 LOBsters, on a nice pace for  the night.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2009, 08:03:06 pm »
he's a veteran so he has to play.

Fucking Cooper.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2009, 08:03:50 pm »
Fucking Bradley.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2009, 08:04:02 pm »
only when the stros get 2 men on, and 1 of them scores.  lets see, 4 innings played, 6 LOBsters, on a nice pace for  the night.

maybe you all need to shut up about scoring.

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2009, 08:04:39 pm »
maybe you all need to shut up about scoring.

when you aren't scoring at home, you have to discuss it on the interwebs.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2009, 08:05:35 pm »

no, no you don't

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2009, 08:06:04 pm »

Is that a medical term? Didn't you hear Alkie???

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2009, 08:06:37 pm »
Bill Brown says Alkie has a sweet, sweet ass.

Seen it, has he?  He must be the fat chick who lives across the way from us.

Has he mentioned how I manage to look pregnant as I step into the shower despite not having the junk to do so?

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2009, 08:07:28 pm »

Tanya Harding: 1-900-kneecap.  Hope this helps end your dry spell...

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2009, 08:07:36 pm »
So, you know what eats a fat cock?

Going in to get more booze and returning to find out you're losing.

To the Cubs.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2009, 08:08:46 pm »
Seen it, has he?  He must be the fat chick who lives across the way from us.

Chuck has moved to NYC now?

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2009, 08:09:25 pm »

Well, he lived here for 10 years.

"Back" you mean?

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2009, 08:11:08 pm »
3 for 3, he's perfect so far tonight.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2009, 08:12:08 pm »
So I wasn't going to say anything, but what the fuck.

I'm getting drunk tonight.

You heard me.

Got some wildly disappointing news at work today and I'm dealing with it by crawling into a bottle.

So fuck you.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2009, 08:12:49 pm »
"Back" you mean?

Yep, my bad.  Left my "Chuck's states of residence by decade" flow chart at some bar during spring training and haven't been worth shit on the topic since...

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2009, 08:12:57 pm »

You heard me.

Got some wildly disappointing news at work today and I'm dealing with it by crawling into a bottle.

So fuck you.

want to trade stories?

mine has nothing to do with work, but a crazy chick is involved.

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2009, 08:14:08 pm »
want to trade stories?

Is she hot?
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2009, 08:14:55 pm »
want to trade stories?

That one from the beach?

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2009, 08:15:35 pm »
want to trade stories?

wanna hear.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2009, 08:15:46 pm »
Is she hot?

i don't think so.  some guys must think so.  she messed around on her husband enough.

i wouldn't recommend touching her at all.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2009, 08:16:03 pm »
want to trade stories?

Let's hear a crazy chick story.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2009, 08:16:33 pm »
That one from the beach?

not her.  i should send that picture to lurch, he might like it

BatGirl

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2009, 08:16:56 pm »
hey, bench!
i heard that sba was up in the gz
talking shit about you last night
..because chickens are decent people.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2009, 08:17:43 pm »
want to trade stories?

Let's do it, but my story will actually put you to sleep.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2009, 08:18:13 pm »
hey, bench!

The Small Business Admin cares about Bench?

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2009, 08:18:39 pm »
Let's NOT hear the boring story Alkie.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2009, 08:19:31 pm »
Let's NOT hear the boring story Alkie.

No problemo dude.  Trust me.  I don't think anyone, even BatLady, will find it remotely interesting.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2009, 08:20:48 pm »
No problemo dude.  Trust me.  I don't think anyone, even BatLady, will find it remotely interesting.

Can't speak for BatGirl; she might like it.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2009, 08:21:15 pm »
not her.  i should send that picture to lurch, he might like it

You really should just post a link. Then you could threaten to post more links unless people stop giving you crap about your Bourn moniker. Guaranteed 100% successful.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2009, 08:22:05 pm »
Fucking Miggy.

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2009, 08:22:15 pm »
I heard an interesting stat the other day, Miggy has more errors and gidp than walks this year.  not combined, but each.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2009, 08:23:51 pm »
I heard an interesting stat the other day, Miggy has more errors and gidp than walks this year.  not combined, but each.
That's probably true.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2009, 08:26:39 pm »

Wow.  Maybe Neyer will dig up how often that's been done in one of his useless stats columns.  The surprising thing is that it doesn't surprise me much.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2009, 08:27:19 pm »
hey, bench!

As long as sbb is cool with me, I feel alright.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2009, 08:27:30 pm »
And in other big league action, Luke Scott just hit his 21st homer, driving in his 64th run.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2009, 08:28:28 pm »
Anyone else wishing ill for the Batting Stance Guy?

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:16 pm »

I had to look it up.

15 BB, 23 GIDP, and 17 E.  Not counting tonight.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:26 pm »

no, i save those wishes for soriano

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2009, 08:30:10 pm »

For some reason I vaguely enjoy his segments.  I can't figure out why exactly, but he reminds me of a friend of mine from college.

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2009, 08:30:41 pm »
I had to look it up.

15 BB, 23 GIDP, and 17 E.  Not counting tonight.

I just threw up in my mouth. A lot.
Drinking for two.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2009, 08:30:52 pm »
no, i save those wishes for soriano

What about when TBSG does Soriano?

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2009, 08:31:51 pm »
Wow.  Maybe Neyer will dig up how often that's been done in one of his useless stats columns.  The surprising thing is that it doesn't surprise me much.

Pudge did it in '91 and almost again in '07.  Then again in '91 he had only 5 walks and 88 games and in '07 had only 9 walks (and 6 errors).

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2009, 08:33:59 pm »
What about when TBSG does Soriano?

if soriano goes away the tbsg won't do it anymore.  i still don't have to wish him ill

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2009, 08:35:30 pm »
i wonder what would happen if the astros scored some runs in the gme.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2009, 08:36:02 pm »
Shhhhh, don't tell Cooper.

Per JdJO: "With Doug Brocail and Wesley Wright back, the Astros now have 14 pitches, nine working out of the bullpen. "

Could be some LONG games in September...

Oh yeah, way to go Spaz. Again...

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2009, 08:36:02 pm »
how did he dropped it?

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2009, 08:37:10 pm »
how did he dropped it?

he dropped it, and it was scored a double?

correction in the box score, error on PENCE!

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2009, 08:38:11 pm »

i thought he had it in the glove, seems like it should have been an error, but i'm not the scorer.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2009, 08:39:27 pm »
i want a strike out then double play.

brian can do this.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2009, 08:39:38 pm »

Changed to an E.

BTW, McTaggart via Twitter (just before Miggy's E):

The Astros have committed 67 errors this year, which is tied for 4th fewest in NL. Also is how many they had in all of '08.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2009, 08:39:49 pm »
but i'm not the scorer.

So.  To.   Speak.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2009, 08:40:01 pm »
thank you, now can i have the double play?  pretty please bbgs?

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2009, 08:40:20 pm »
It all just came together for me, courtesy of MusicMan's song. When I was a little kid, there was some book we used to read about some boy who always got into various kinds of trouble. It was illustrated with stick figures, and one of the episodes involved the boy burning his hands on the stove or something. So he's running around with a goofy look on his face and both hands all bandaged up so they look like mittens. And that, folks, is the mighty Hunter Pence.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2009, 08:40:38 pm »

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2009, 08:41:10 pm »

You heard me.

So fuck you.

Don't want to hear the story, the Astros are depressing enough tonight.

But what bottle(s) have you crawled in to?

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2009, 08:41:43 pm »

and more importantly, drunk yet?

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2009, 08:44:53 pm »
Does Gervacio always fall off the mound that badly? No wonder he's so inconsistent.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2009, 08:47:54 pm »

I don't want to tell it.

First I had a Maredsous 10 then a Troubadour Blond then a Fin Du Monde and now a Paso a Paso wine.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2009, 08:48:06 pm »
Roy's got a new website (per McT).  http://royoswalt44.net/

You can make reservations to go hunting on his ranch.

He also has a breeders pen for those having trouble scoring at home...

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2009, 08:48:10 pm »
and more importantly, drunk yet?

Oh yes.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2009, 08:48:41 pm »
two strike outs by gervacio.

you know what that means?  yep, he's next for the dl.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2009, 08:49:24 pm »
He also has a breeders pen for those having trouble scoring at home...

rifraft is the one that needs that link.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »
This game is a steaming poo pile.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2009, 08:51:35 pm »
rifraft is the one that needs that link.

10 yrs of marriage, scoring is the last thing on my wife's mind.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2009, 08:52:22 pm »
10 yrs of marriage, scoring is the last thing on my wife's mind.

congrats on the 10 years!! 

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2009, 08:53:29 pm »
I don't want to tell it.

First I had a Maredsous 10 then a Troubadour Blond then a Fin Du Monde and now a Paso a Paso wine.

For a fellow living on an island, you're awfully continental.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2009, 08:54:43 pm »
OMG OMG the Astros scored a run.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2009, 08:55:00 pm »
Wowie! A run!

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2009, 08:55:32 pm »
OMG OMG the Astros scored a run.

How close was the play on Coste at 1B? WGN didn't replay it (of course).

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2009, 08:55:47 pm »
For a fellow living on an island, you're awfully continental.

Not a real island.

Or IS it.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2009, 08:56:02 pm »
I didn't think it was that close.

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2009, 08:56:26 pm »
congrats on the 10 years!!  

thank you.  

It is a real island, b/c if it isn't, I have no explanation for why I never leave it.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2009, 08:56:37 pm »
I didn't think it was that close.

He is a very, very slow man.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2009, 08:57:39 pm »
thank you.  

It is a real island, b/c if it isn't, I have no explanation for why I never leave it.

And a rock feels no pain;

And an island never cries.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2009, 08:57:41 pm »
He is a very, very slow man catcher.

FIFY.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2009, 08:58:09 pm »
double switch coming.  pretty sure soriano coming out of the game.  no more hops in the outfield.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2009, 08:59:06 pm »
And a rock feels no pain;

And an island never cries.

I hate you now.

Cook me something and make me love you again.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2009, 09:00:42 pm »
:(  bourn didn't get a hit this time.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2009, 09:01:24 pm »

Oh well. It was a lefty.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2009, 09:02:00 pm »
Oh well. It was a lefty.

well, with that kind of response then cooper is always right with his pitching changes, right?

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2009, 09:02:28 pm »

What a bummer :(

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:01 pm »
well, with that kind of response then cooper is always right with his pitching changes, right?

I believe in that strategy, with some exceptions.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2009, 09:06:55 pm »

Well he has 3 or 6 more outs to get, and 8 more relievers to burn...

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2009, 09:07:01 pm »
It all just came together for me, courtesy of MusicMan's song.

Somebody went to the front page.  My day is now complete.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing AstroTurf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, torture of Bud Selig.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2009, 09:07:45 pm »
Well he has 3 or 6 more outs to get, and 8 more relievers to burn...

I fear Cooper actually setting fire to the pitchers.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing AstroTurf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, torture of Bud Selig.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2009, 09:10:49 pm »
bazardo warming in the pen, who is scheduled to pitch tomorrrow?

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2009, 09:11:11 pm »
Now that the roster is expanded, it makes PERFECT sense that Bazardo would be your 8th inning setup guy. Really?

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2009, 09:11:40 pm »
I fear Cooper actually setting fire to the pitchers.

should we tell the fans behind the bullpen, in right field, to bring fire extinguishers to the game?

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2009, 09:11:42 pm »

Probably Bazardo.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2009, 09:11:44 pm »
Now that the roster is expanded, it makes PERFECT sense that Bazardo would be your 8th inning setup guy. Really?

you expected to see brocail?

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2009, 09:11:55 pm »

Paulino

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2009, 09:12:24 pm »
"Lance Berkman and the Lost Season"

I hope there's not a sequel next year.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2009, 09:13:21 pm »
you expected to see brocail?

Hawk. Wright. Byrdak. Somebody who has seen the 8th inning already this year.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2009, 09:13:26 pm »
Probably Bazardo.

Paulino is scheduled for tomorrow, so I fully expect to see him up in the pen next to Bazardo...

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2009, 09:13:47 pm »

He's looked pretty ordinary this season.

rifraft

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2009, 09:15:41 pm »
He's looked pretty ordinary this season.

if you had told me roy and lance would look pedestrian this season, i'd have told you this season was going to suck huge ass donky balls.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2009, 09:16:24 pm »
if you had told me roy and lance would look pedestrian this season, i'd have told you this season was going to suck huge ass donky balls.

this season was going to suck huge ass donky balls.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2009, 09:17:02 pm »

How (and when) did I turn into a fat chick?

Houston - DC - NYC - Miami Beach - Panama/Houston. Laminate it.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2009, 09:18:04 pm »

Houston - DC - NYC - Miami Beach - Panama/Houston. Laminate it.

and what do you do again?

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2009, 09:18:58 pm »

After the second pregnancy.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2009, 09:18:59 pm »

Perhaps he shouldn't have spent his first two months hitting like Tim Bogar.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2009, 09:19:37 pm »

Right before you blew President Clinton?

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2009, 09:20:19 pm »
Perhaps he shouldn't have spent his first two months hitting like Tim Bogar.

Followed by two hitting like Craig Reynolds. Did he really go all of August without a homer?

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2009, 09:20:24 pm »

I just presume you'd put on weight...

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2009, 09:20:33 pm »
and what do you do again?

Sells heroin to kids, of course.

Wait, wasn't that someone else?

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2009, 09:21:09 pm »
Right before you blew President Clinton?

Some of us are still blowing him. Those of us who happen to enjoy peace and economic prosperity.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2009, 09:22:18 pm »
Some of us are still blowing him. Those of us who happen to enjoy peace and economic prosperity.

Courtesy of GHWB (duck)

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2009, 09:22:28 pm »
i loved bill.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2009, 09:23:33 pm »
Courtesy of GHWB (duck)

If you are going to say that then stand proud, don't duck.

BatGirl

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2009, 09:23:43 pm »
..because chickens are decent people.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2009, 09:24:17 pm »

Go back to the LEwinsky comment earlier.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2009, 09:24:43 pm »
Courtesy of GHWB (duck)

Hard to assign peace to a President to manufactured a war.
Y todo lo que sube baja

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2009, 09:25:15 pm »
Courtesy of GHWB (duck) uncontrolled speculation and the greatest technology boom of all time

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2009, 09:25:49 pm »
Hard to assign peace to a President to manufactured a war.

There was nothing manufactured about the Persian Gulf War.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2009, 09:25:59 pm »
If you are going to say that then stand proud, don't duck.

I wasn't a fan of GHWB.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2009, 09:27:07 pm »
I wasn't a fan of GHWB.

you start shit like that, i just want to make sure you get hit with some of it.

go astros.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2009, 09:28:05 pm »
well, at least ramirez was out at the plate.

why didn't he slide?

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2009, 09:28:50 pm »
you start shit like that, i just want to make sure you get hit with some of it.

go astros.

Actually Chuck started it. I just aided and abetted.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2009, 09:29:27 pm »
There was nothing manufactured about the Persian Gulf War.

Of course there was. April Glaspie, the US Ambassador to Iraq, gave tacit approval to Saddam's invasion of Kuwait. The Bush White House successfully baited Saddam into invading Kuwait.
Y todo lo que sube baja

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2009, 09:29:49 pm »

Y'all stop picking on Chuck.  There's no place for that in the GZ!

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2009, 09:30:29 pm »

I think OSF started it a long time ago with the Lewinsky comment.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2009, 09:31:13 pm »
Y'all stop picking on Chuck.  There's no place for that in the GZ!

Chuck is so much fun to smack because he smacks back.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2009, 09:31:55 pm »
I think OSF started it a long time ago with the Lewinsky comment.

Actually the genesis was Boones Farm Straberry Hill and Tanya Harding on speed-dial.  It just continued to go downhill after that...

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2009, 09:32:12 pm »
Of course there was. April Glaspie, the US Ambassador to Iraq, gave tacit approval to Saddam's invasion of Kuwait. The Bush White House successfully baited Saddam into invading Kuwait.

Under orders of the Trilateral Commision?

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2009, 09:32:38 pm »
Actually the genesis was Boones Farm Straberry Hill and Tanya Harding on speed-dial.  It just continued to go downhill after that...

Hard to believe you can go downhill from Boones and Tanya Harding.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2009, 09:33:03 pm »

That's because he's angry.  Awfully polite though...

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2009, 09:33:17 pm »
bourn makes a great catch to end the inning.  Yeah, michael.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:31 pm »
bourn makes a great catch to end the inning.  Yeah, michael.

Please refrain from comments on the actual game in the GZ.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2009, 09:36:12 pm »
pence is so hot, he's going to win the game for me.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2009, 09:36:37 pm »
Please refrain from comments on the actual game in the GZ.

i can't help it.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2009, 09:37:06 pm »
Marmol is filthy.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2009, 09:37:38 pm »
so, let's assume fulchino's spot comes up, does boone get to pinch hit?

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2009, 09:38:11 pm »
matsui was later on that pitch than i would have been.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2009, 09:38:12 pm »
Marmol is filthy.

Glad to see your sticking with the whole Harding/Lewinsky mantra...

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2009, 09:38:36 pm »
so, let's assume fulchino's spot comes up, does boone get to pinch hit?

I would bet agin that.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2009, 09:39:31 pm »

You just reminded me of something one of my cousins said to his mother when he was about four or five. He was a real handful, always in trouble. Once he was acting up and my aunt threatened 'I'll smack you!' This is back when corporal punishment wouldn't land the parent in jail. My cousin's immediate reply was, 'Smack me and I'll smack ya back!'

I hadn't thought of that in years.
Y todo lo que sube baja

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2009, 09:40:21 pm »
Keppinger coming in to pinch hit with 2 outs in the 9th?  That hard to get Boone in the game? Really Coop?

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2009, 09:40:36 pm »
Under orders of the Trilateral Commision?

No no no.  It was the Pentaverate.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2009, 09:42:02 pm »
4-1 them

sucks

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2009, 09:42:14 pm »
Keppinger coming in to pinch hit with 2 outs in the 9th?  That hard to get Boone in the game? Really Coop?

Coop is saving Boone for the homestand. Seriously. And I think that might actually be a good idea.

Rebel Jew

• View Profile
    • Rebel Jew
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2009, 09:49:20 pm »
Actually, I'd get blasted and spend a night with Harding just because I have a feeling she knows how to drain a cock like a true champ.  I'd need some serious medication afterwards (some would argue beforewards as well).   But Lewinsky was never and will never be attractive or sexy in any way.

this is a brilliant and insightful post.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2009, 09:50:13 pm »
Coop is saving Boone for the homestand. Seriously. And I think that might actually be a good idea.
Would it be the worst thing in the world for him to get an ovation on the road, then another one at home? Boone should've played the first few innings today unless he's not ready physically. IMO.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2009, 09:54:51 pm »
Would it be the worst thing in the world for him to get an ovation on the road, then another one at home? Boone should've played the first few innings today unless he's not ready physically. IMO.

That would be fine, IF you thought the brainless retards at Wrigley Field would even know what was going on.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2009, 09:55:12 pm »

Per Astros.com yesterday:

Astros manager Cecil Cooper said he hadn't mapped out a plan for Boone, but said he could start Wednesday against left-hander Ted Lilly. As for Tuesday's game, Cooper made no promises.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2009, 12:33:57 am »
Per Astros.com yesterday:

Astros manager Cecil Cooper said he hadn't mapped out a plan for Boone, but said he could start Wednesday against left-hander Ted Lilly. As for Tuesday's game, Cooper made no promises.

translation: the manager is a classless prick, who clearly didn't learn anything when the players gave him shit for forgetting to congratulate Pudge Rodriguez on his games caught record earlier this year.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

otterjb

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2009, 12:47:47 am »

This needs to be quoted. Chuck.