Author Topic: Guess Again  (Read 1319 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Guess Again
« on: May 25, 2008, 06:21:42 pm »
For all of us who had guessed Nieve in the "who will be sent down to Round Rock when Wandy gets activated from the DL" pool, guess again.  Nieve was sent back down to Round Rock today, and Cassel was called up to take his place in the bullpen.  LINK (McTaggart).

"We think at some point in time Fernando will be capable of coming up here and being effective for long periods of time, but he needs to continue work on his slider and tighten it up to be effective at this level," general manager Ed Wade said. "He has to be able to command the slider and be more than a one-pitch pitcher.

So, does that leave Cassel as the prohibitive favorite to go back to Round Rock now, or did Borks outing today earn him a ticket to AAA? 
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

DVauthrin

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Guess Again
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 07:15:00 pm »
i highly doubt they made the move simply to have cassel for one game before wandy's start wednesday.
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Andyzipp

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 08:02:10 pm »
For all of us who had guessed Nieve in the "who will be sent down to Round Rock when Wandy gets activated from the DL" pool, guess again.  Nieve was sent back down to Round Rock today, and Cassel was called up to take his place in the bullpen.  LINK (McTaggart).

So, does that leave Cassel as the prohibitive favorite to go back to Round Rock now, or did Borks outing today earn him a ticket to AAA? 

If it's Borkowski, which I kind of assume it will be, he won't be sent to AAA.  He'll be DFAed.

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 09:37:50 pm »
If it's Borkowski, which I kind of assume it will be, he won't be sent to AAA.  He'll be DFAed.

Was skipping some steps there guessing that he'd ultimately end up at Round Rock after being DFA'd (and then put on waivers).

In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 09:42:26 am »

he is throwing more over the top than i remember his doing in the past. the result, imo, is a very straight FB and POW!
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 10:23:54 am »
he is throwing more over the top than i remember his doing in the past. the result, imo, is a very straight FB and POW!

I hope they can get him straightened out. He's got one of the few power arms in the organization. He's certainly regressed from a couple of years ago. Of course, he's also had Tommy John so maybe he's not all the way back.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 11:34:14 am »

I hope they can get him straightened out. He's got one of the few power arms in the organization. He's certainly regressed from a couple of years ago. Of course, he's also had Tommy John so maybe he's not all the way back.

he also had attitude problems last year.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 01:40:21 pm »
he also had attitude problems last year.

I know. I found  his comments in today's Chronicle encouraging. He said he was happy because his arm felt good and that he needed to get his stride consistent. Now, what you say to the press isn't necessarily what you think/feel but if this reflects his attitude then maybe his head is on straight.