Author Topic: News you can't use (or give a crap about for that matter)  (Read 667 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
News you can't use (or give a crap about for that matter)
« on: March 20, 2008, 12:48:24 am »
The Cubs are a bunch of pansies...
and decide to take out there frustrations on their strength and conditioning coachs' 1995 Nissan Sentra. 
When the Cubs began practice in the morning, Aramis Ramirez pointed to a wrecked '95 Nissan Sentra near the Cubs bullpen and asked: "Hey 'Bussy,' what's your car doing on the ramp?" Buss looked over at the wreck and replied: "That's not my car." But then Buss did a double take. "Dude," he said to Ramirez. "That's my car!" Buss soon discovered his car was demolished beyond recognition, but this was no ordinary crime. The car windows all had been smashed in, the front, back and sides all were severely dented and the smoking guns -- a couple of baseball bats and balls -- were strategically placed in the windshield.

Although I prefer my attribution to their motivations to trash his car, it appears that their motives might have been a tad more altruistic. 
After the workout ended, Dempster told Buss to "quit pouting" and come with him to the weight room to "see something." As they walked out the back door, Buss saw several players and a 2008 Nissan Xterra parked in the walkway. Ryan Dempster gave him the keys for the new SUV...

Baseball is killing the planet...
so the Japanese are leading the charge to save the world??? 
SI (via Tokyo AP) reports that "As part of the fight against global warming, Japanese professional baseball has come up with a plan to shorten its games and reduce carbon dioxide emissions at stadiums.."  LINK
Teams will aim to cut playing time by six percent, or 12 minutes, from the average of three hours and 18 minutes per game...  Under the plan, teams will be required to spend no more than two minutes and 15 seconds when they change from fielding to batting.  Pitchers will be asked to throw within 15 seconds of receiving the ball from the catcher when no runners are on base.

In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)