Author Topic: To be more than someone who gets the bat knocked out of his hands...  (Read 1181 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
That is what Adam Everett aspires to be anyway...  From the Minneapolis Star Tribune:  New shortstop a remodeling project

New Twins shortstop Adam Everett wants to be more than someone who gets the bat knocked out of his hands.

On his thoughts of his abilities:
"I know I can hit... It's just a matter of me going out and doing it."

On trying to improve his hitting in his last year with the Astros:
"One coach after another said, 'This is what you need to do,'" Everett said. "It was like, 'OK. I could only do so much.' It finally got to the point where [they said], 'Well do what you know how to do,' and I was like, 'I don't know how to do that anymore.' That's all it was."

Oddly enough, Everett is a 'hitting machine' in comparison to one of the other Twins shortstops from last year,  Nick Punto, who played 27 games at SS last year (25 games at 2B and 108 games at 3B), and in 472 ABs had a .210 AVG and .271 SLG (as compared to Everetts .232 AVG and .318 SLG in 220 ABs).
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Gizzmonic

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
Re: To be more than someone who gets the bat knocked out of his hands...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 01:00:09 pm »
Still not used to seeing Everett in that Twins uniform...

But I think he will prosper there.  He and Lamb both deserve a chance to shine. 

That is what Adam Everett aspires to be anyway...  From the Minneapolis Star Tribune:  New shortstop a remodeling project

On his thoughts of his abilities:
On trying to improve his hitting in his last year with the Astros:
Oddly enough, Everett is a 'hitting machine' in comparison to one of the other Twins shortstops from last year,  Nick Punto, who played 27 games at SS last year (25 games at 2B and 108 games at 3B), and in 472 ABs had a .210 AVG and .271 SLG (as compared to Everetts .232 AVG and .318 SLG in 220 ABs).
Grab another Coke and let's die