Author Topic: Okay, you get a vote  (Read 4959 times)

Noe

Okay, you get a vote
« on: June 04, 2007, 01:39:52 pm »
This is borderline reality show with this one, but it's an off day and looks like we're done bitching about Tim Purpura.  But I'm sure that you haven't really released all that anger and hostility yet.  So aim it at me if you'd like.  I'm cool with it.  Here is my offer to you for a vote:

1. Yes or No: remove the current banner motif to have absolutely no more Houston Astros on it? This way we can once and for all remove the jinx I have placed on the players.  In this case Berkman and to a lesser extent Mr. Biggio.  Or should I just leave everything as is and say "screw it, we're riding this mutha out!".

2. Suggestion: What should be on the banner instead?  Scott Baio?  Meatloaf?  Nothing, just the name of the site?  Or a huge honking steaming pile of... frito pie!  You decide.

3. Punishment: For my sins of making Lance Berkman cry and summarily making the entire freaking Houston Astros organization cry, should I be punished by: frito pie consumption for a week?  Watch Scott Baio's new show for a week or two?  Eat meatloaf while listening the entire "Bat out of Hell" CD?  Continue working on my landscape project in my backyard?  I must warn you, the missus already voted and for the summer I am duty bound to finish what I started with the landscaping project.  It's going to be really nice and I'm half way through.  Nice garden motif with the possibility of a pond, maybe two.

Any way, just like those whack reality show, you get to vote so place your suggestions here as to what I should do.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, you get a vote
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 01:46:53 pm »
I don't know what the content is, but the title of the new show has to be "Flip This Roster".
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

Andyzipp

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 01:48:02 pm »
You shoulda added a poll.

Phil_in_CS

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 01:49:19 pm »
1) yes
2) put burke, lane, and ensberg on it. maybe you can reverse their luck.
3) Bring her a SHRUBBERY.

Phil_in_CS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 01:53:33 pm »
You shoulda added a poll.

part of the punishment is to manually count the votes

Trey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 01:54:03 pm »
Put a picture of JD in his plaid jacket up there.  Was that an option?  If not, hows about we make it one.
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Astroholic

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 01:55:50 pm »
Put a picture of JD in his plaid jacket up there.  Was that an option?  If not, hows about we make it one.

I can't believe you think you control the fate of the astros.  That is Purp's job.

Houston

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:00:09 pm »
I say turn this mutha out!
"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it." - Rogers Hornsby

Noe

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 02:04:29 pm »
I say turn this mutha out!

That's how I feel right now.  No Kevin and his gift of prophecy can help us now unless we're ready as a people who follow the Houston to put up or shut up!  Alkie tried to foolishly make a guarantee win prognostication the other day but there was no humility from any of us to help the guy out.  So no bravato before it's time.  Right now, it's sack cloth and ashes.  It's burnt offerings.  It is about getting right with the BBGs, showing a healthy respect for our... my sins!

I'm all in.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 02:06:00 pm by Noe in Austin »

Noe

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 02:05:23 pm »
Put a picture of JD in his plaid jacket up there.  Was that an option?  If not, hows about we make it one.

I like it.  Now if we could screen cap that one and then place a frito pie in his hand, we're in bidnezz!

xxx

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 02:05:48 pm »
last time we put Mr. Baio up there we did pretty good. I like the JD plaid jacket idea though. But I would hate to use up all of it's magic now. He's been doing that for a couple of years and I am sure we will need to use it in the future. What about that picture of that kid- Brave fan giving the finger? or will that taunt the BBG's?  Humm.....now for the sacrifice for the team...I have a Cardinals suck shirt but it didn't do it's magic this weekend and burned my skin just because it said Cardinals. I am thinking you may have to start out small with the chili pies. Or since we are chasing the Brewers eating Brats all week?
It's all part of the game.....

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
2. Suggestion: What should be on the banner instead?  Scott Baio?  Meatloaf?  Nothing, just the name of the site?  Or a huge honking steaming pile of... frito pie!  You decide.

Am I the only one that immediately thought of Jennifer Love Hewitt?
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

Andyzipp

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »
Am I the only one that immediately thought of Jennifer Love Hewitt?

You had me at huge and honking...

Trey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 02:46:27 pm »
last time we put Mr. Baio up there we did pretty good. I like the JD plaid jacket idea though. But I would hate to use up all of it's magic now. He's been doing that for a couple of years and I am sure we will need to use it in the future. What about that picture of that kid- Brave fan giving the finger? or will that taunt the BBG's?  Humm.....now for the sacrifice for the team...I have a Cardinals suck shirt but it didn't do it's magic this weekend and burned my skin just because it said Cardinals. I am thinking you may have to start out small with the chili pies. Or since we are chasing the Brewers eating Brats all week?

I still have an autographed Tony LaRussa picture that a Cardinals fan "friend" gave me as a wedding present during the '04 playoff run.  If that is of any use to the site, I will gladly offer it up.
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 02:51:08 pm »
No Kevin and his gift of prophecy can help us now unless we're ready as a people who follow the Houston to put up or shut up!

Agreed. Feel free to use the Kevin as Moses pic in his stead, as it appears El Jefe has again forsaken us. And rightly so, no doubt.

Kev, JD and the jacket, frito pie, Baio, Jennifer Love Hewitt, maybe a tall stack of flapjacks. These are sources of great mystical power.
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

otterjb

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 02:59:54 pm »
Kev, JD and the jacket, frito pie, Baio, Jennifer Love Hewitt, maybe a tall stack of flapjacks. These are sources of great mystical power.

I second that one.

Andyzipp

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 03:01:49 pm »
Agreed. Feel free to use the Kevin as Moses pic in his stead, as it appears El Jefe has again forsaken us. And rightly so, no doubt.

Baio could score Hewitt.  Kevin could score gorditas.

I vote for a Lottery Prayer Candle motif for the banner.  Featuring the luminaries above and anything else deemed minor objects of worship...for instance, I'd add Skyline Chili.

It's obviously time for prayer.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:04:12 pm by Andyzipp »

JSAstrosFan

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 03:05:32 pm »
1. Yes: Couldn't hurt...
2. Suggestion: An effigy in a Cubs uniform
3. Punishment: Create a Clark account and only post with it for a few days without telling anyone

MikeyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 03:08:38 pm »
3. Punishment: Create a Clark account and only post with it for a few days without telling anyone

Under the handle Joshua Dicks.
"Buenos Dias, shitheads."

Noe

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 03:50:18 pm »

Hmmmmmm... hmmmmm...

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 04:10:49 pm »

I have just been directed to work with someone in our Bermuda office.  Name: Joshua Dirks.

I hope it's not a typo.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Astroholic

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 04:15:25 pm »
I have just been directed to work with someone in our Bermuda office.  Name: Joshua Dirks.

I hope it's not a typo.

Sounds like your getting the shaft to me.

BatGirl

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 04:34:03 pm »

I vote for a Lottery Prayer Candle motif for the banner.  Featuring the luminaries above and anything else deemed minor objects of worship...for instance, I'd add Skyline Chili.

i'm in.  tonight i plan to leit the cnadle and pray for the boys.  i've got a copy of milo's book somewhere; would be more than happy to hand it over to the tribal elders for sacrificial efforts.
..because chickens are decent people.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 04:47:21 pm »

Some of us have been praying for quite a while.  I get weird looks when I write the names of the 40-man roster in the prayer book at church.  (I don't really do that, but I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't write some of them down.)  I do pray for the guys though.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Kent's Moustache

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 04:55:45 pm »

"We fought Indians, we fought outlaws, we fought dicks!

Remember when Richard Dicks tried to take over the town?"
"Go play intramurals, brother.  Go play intramurals..."

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 05:06:00 pm »
I suggest removing Berkman from the header and replacing him with Burke.  Other than that, I'm prepared to ride this baby out...

Noe

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 05:09:51 pm »
I suggest removing Berkman from the header and replacing him with Burke.  Other than that, I'm prepared to ride this baby out...

Burke eating a Frito Pie or doing a header into the CF turf?

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 05:10:39 pm »

With the ball about 4 feet away.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Noe

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 05:11:59 pm »
With the ball about 4 feet away.

It would be great to have a Burke pic showing him in CF, flag pole behind him, eating a Frito Pie with the ball landing about ten feet behind him.

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 05:15:36 pm »

How about him stumbling up Tal's Hill eating a frito pie with the ball hitting behind him?

Noe

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 05:16:42 pm »
How about him stumbling up Tal's Hill eating a frito pie with the ball hitting behind him?

If Waldo would let me, I'd do that in Flash and just before the ball hit the ground, have Thunder Pants coming dashing from screen left to catch the ball in a full dive!

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 05:17:49 pm »
If Waldo would let me, I'd do that in Flash and just before the ball hit the ground, have Thunder Pants coming dashing from screen left to catch the ball in a full dive!

Eh.. I'm thinking leave one of the few bright spots off the banner...

Noe

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 05:21:49 pm »
Eh.. I'm thinking leave one of the few bright spots off the banner...

See, that is what I mean... I can't leave well enough alone.  Thanks for the pick me up, had I put T-Pants on the banner, Oh Deere Lowered... he might have his arms fall off his next at bat!

*whew*, that was close!

JSAstrosFan

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 05:22:53 pm »

And chance jinxing Thunder pants??

Noe

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 05:33:49 pm »
And chance jinxing Thunder pants??

Yes.  My powers are special and no one is safe.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 11:19:28 pm »
I was going ot let you use Fredias Cnadles my fantasy team but seeing as they are 12 out of 12 and only 42 points i decided to recend my offer
forever is composed entirely of nows